G@mert@g.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

paint & wanted posters

i finally PAINTED on one of my scrapbook pages...
i'm so excited/nervous!!!! it was all really fun though!

the first page is of my nephew; my BIL is a hatmaker, and he found the hat and altered it so it would fit on his cute little head!!! i thought the wanted paper was a good choice, and it worked out so well!! the caption reads: "My DAD makes awesome hats... and I wear 'em good!!"

the second page is for the ScrapMojo challenge... to use the quote from Dr. Seuss and use a book cover for inspiration. mine started with "The Cat in the Hat" -- but you can see where i took it and ran away with it! the girl is Kiana - my stepson's half-sister. thought it would be a nice gift for Shannon (their momma), since i have been making some for my SIL too. the paint was funnn.... and messy. i used bubble wrap to stamp on the paint, then i cut a strip of it off and adhered to the polka dot ribbon... which you can't tell because i had to take pics w/ my cam for these - my scanner just wasn't cutting it tonight :P

thanks for stopping by as always!!
and thanks bunches to ScrapMojo for keeping my wheels 'a turnin!




my DAD makes awesome hats



Kiana


SUPPLIES:
---------
(my DAD makes awesome hats)
* Cardstock - Bazzill
* Pattern Paper - Scenic Route; Karen Foster; Hambly
* Alphas - KI Memories; American Crafts
* DYMO Labels / Labeler
* Stickers - KI Memories "Love Elsie"
* Ribbon - Offray
* Quote Bubble - Scenic Route
* Corners - Creative Imaginations
* Chip - K&Co.

(Kiana)
* Paint - Apple Barrel
* Cardstock - Bazzill
* Pattern Paper - Sassafras Lass; KI Memories
* Journal Spot - Creative Imaginations
* DYMO Labeler
* Sticker - Q-Lia
* Gel Round / WOW / Chip Buttons - KI Memories "Love Elsie"
* Rubon - DCWV
* Ribbon - Offray
* Alpha - Making Memories
* Blue Stickles
* Black / White / Blue / Hot Pink Sakura Gelly Roll
* Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser & Credit Card Embellie